Now in early spring it is a good time to start clearing out the freezer and pantry to make room for all the summer goodies! And it saves the too little money. It’s always fun to take a look in the freezer, for what ends up where usually tends to be forgotten for some reason.
This time I picked up a bag with apple pieces and a bag of gooseberries which I thought would be a good and warm cream. I didn’t add so much sweetening so the cream was a little tart, but with a little milk , it was really good.
- 2 cups apples into chunks
- 2 cups gooseberries, topped and tailed
- 1 cups water (or more depending on if you use frozen or fresh produce )
- 1/2 - 1 cup sweetening (honey, agave syrup or something else)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. Boil everything until the apples are soft and the gooseberries have started to break down.
- 2. Blend the cornstarch in a little water and stir. Make a quick boil and stir so that the cream thickens.
- 3.Serve with milk and a little example, seeds, grains or granola