This weekend I was at a potluck and brought these little wonders. Small mini pies filled with wonderful summer flavor of rhubarb and strawberries. They are perfect to make when you want something that is not to sweet for desert.
They did get a lot of praise and requests for me to do them again, so here’s the recipe if anyone else wants to try it! The recipe can certainly be done as a big pie too, if you want that.
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1 cups coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb
- 1 1/4 cups strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or coconut sugar
- Mix the oats and coconut flakes together so it becomes a crumbly mass.
- Mix in coke oil and stir together with a fork / hands until it becomes like a crumbly dough.
- Chop the rhubarbs and the strawberries into pieces and put into molds. Drizzle with a little honey or other sweetening. Crumble the dough mixture over .
- Bake in oven at 200 ° C for about 15-20 minutes. Until the filling is creamy and they have a little color.