Oh it’s just so wonderful to get out and be able to pick crops from the garden. Yesterday I was out picking nettles for the first time this year. Small young leaves that barely had grown out of the earth.
Nettle soup I believe is among the healthiest thing you can eat, includes a variety of antioxidaner , minerals and phytochemicals. It is also green, indicating that it contains chlorophyll. And it’s free, witch does’n make things worse.
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 large potatoes
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cup nettles (+ water to precook in )
- 2 cup oat milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 2 cups water
- 1 stock cube
- Dill for garnish
- Precook the nettles for 5 minutes and then pour of the water.
- Then mash the nettles with a fork, or chop them .
- Cut the onion and potatoes into chunks and fry in the pan with a little oil.
- Add the nettles, milk, water and stock cube and cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are completely soft.
- Mix the soup so that it becomes smooth and creamy. Add any more liquid if you think it is too thick and cook up one last time.