Steak and potatoes with onion sauce was the mission! Sometimes I get the challenges from people around me, try to do this or that, sometimes just to see how it goes or if it’s possible. Other times it’s about to imitate dishes to get the same feeling.
In some cases, you really tear while this time it was really easy. Making vegetarian patties are something I know many shy away because they do not think they ‘ll stay together, but it’s easier than you might think.
This time, I made simple and good lentil patties which I served with a really creamy onion sauce (who would think that onions in sauce can be so good !) . And while I did the patties and the sauce, a pot of potatoes simmered, which were ready when the patties were done. The rating from the taste panel was a 5/5!
- 3 cups lentils (I used green )
- 3 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp oil + 1 tsp for frying
- 1 yellow onion , sliced thinly + 1 tsp oil / water
- 1 tbsp spelled term ( probably go well with corn meal finishes if you want to avoid gluten)
- 1/2 stock cube
- 5 dl any plant milk (I used soy )
- White pepper
- Boil the lentils and in twice as much water until tender , drain off any excess water. You can also use pre- cooked lentils from canned if you want. Blada down the remaining ingredients and stir into a paste. Shape into thin patties and fry in a little oil until golden.
- Saute the onion in a pan until it begins to soften. Sprinkel with flour and stir around. Add a little milk at a time and allow to thicken to a sauce. Add broth and spices and add perhaps with more milk if you want thinner sauce.