They may not look so fair , but sweet potatoes are really good . They come in different sizes and shapes but they have one thing in common, their beautiful orange-red color. The taste is actually a little sweeter than regular potatoes, and can therefore be used both to ordinary everyday food, but also in some desserts.
Yesterday I made baked sweet potatoes with a lot of good accessories. Something that is very easy to do and you can take what you have in the fridge to the accessories. The actual work effort is also very small because you just wash the potatoes, pick some little holes in them and put them in the oven for 45 minutes.
For baked potatoes one must have a dressing, which makes it creamy and delicious. I made a simple red onion and apple dressing with a base of cashew nuts, which became creamy, fresh and the lemon in it gave it that little acidity taste, needed to weigh up against the potato’s sweetness.
- The potatoes: (have one per person)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- about 1/4 cup water
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small apple
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oil
- low herbal salt
- Scrub the potatoes and place in an ovenproof dish or on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes, until you can stab a swab through the potatoes.
- For the filling, blend the cashews with water and lemon juice to make a smooth creamy paste (depending on how strong the mixer you have, you may need more or less water).
- Finely chop the onion and apple and stir in.
- Chop the mushrooms and fry in a skillet with the other ingredients for the mushrooms about 5 minutes.
- Then remove the potatoes from the oven, let cool slightly and slit the potatoes with a cross and serve.